People here in Texas and Oklahoma have trouble with all those shalls and shall nots in the 10 Commandments. Folks here just aren’t used to talking in those terms. So, some folks out in west Texas got together and translated the “King James” into “King Ranch” language: Ten Commandments, cowboy Style. The Cowboy’s Ten Commandments posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Fairlie, Texas.
(1) Just one God.
(2) Honor yer Ma & Pa.
(3) No telling tales or gossipin’.
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meetin’
(5) Put nothin’ before God.
(6) No foolin’ around with another fellow’s gal.
(7) No killin’
(8) Watch yer mouth.
(9) Don’t take what ain’t yers.
(10) Don’t be hankerin’ for yer buddy’s stuff.
Now that’s kinda plain an’ simple don’t ya think? Y’all have a good Day.