Oikos University English 101 – Class Notes 9/11/18 – Writing Plans
I have a very simple plan today.
I am waiting for the attendance sheet … then we will begin.
- I will finish talking about Mark 1: 21-45.
- We will take a break.
- We will start writing … here, now, today – 1st assignment.
Praying to Be a Better Writer
You are the God who created language.
You are the God who spoke to us … with your Word.
You chose WORDs to communicate with us.
We cannot know you if we have no words.
Our God … we will do our best to use our words to communicate.
We will communicate with one another.
We will communicate with people we know.
We will communicate with people we do not know.
We will communicate with you.
Please give us words! Please let us understand your word.
Please understand us when we give you our words.
Thank you God for words.
Thank you for Jesus.
1st Writing Assignment
- Choose your topic
- Find a friend
- Start writing – 1st draft
Writing Assignment Target Dates
- Topic – 9/11 – 11:59 pm
- Rough draft – abt 400 words 9/12 – 11:59 pm
- Wait 24 hrs
- Rewrite – 350 words 9/14 11:59 pm
- Friend review 9/15 11:59 pm
- Final Draft
- Post online 9/17 11:59 pm
- Deadline 9/17 – 11:59 pm
Do NOT cheat!
4 Key Points abt University Writing Assignments
- This should be fun!!
- After we publish you can show your friends!
- You can show your children!
- You can show your boss!